Dr. Petra Krings
Lawyer, Dr. iur.
Change Manager | demos Europäische
Coach | University of Kiel, Germany
+49(0)1511/65 423 67
Her professional journey
Petra Krings wants to make a difference. Therefore, the doctorate lawyer soon exchanged the international contract law against the state. For twenty years she has prepared and implemented environmental and nature conservation measures in a ministry. Here she has experienced in her own everyday life, what it takes to move something in controversial environments: To have a strategy - and to make creative use of the unexpected. Create sustainable alliances. To involve the most diverse people and even more diverse interests. Strengthen your own team. Understandably speaking - in the cow shed as well as in the large corporation. Create trust with clarity, transparency and commitment - even if painful decisions have to be made and implemented. Recognize one's own personality as a central resource - and remain open to develop it further. In short: pour passion for the cause into an effective implementation strategy.
As a lawyer, executive and internal change management consultant, Petra Krings has advised decision-makers from the chief executive to the minister. For some years now, she has been advising other executives and decision makers who want to make a difference in a controversial environment, be it in their company or through a public project.
- 20 years experience in the public sector (focus on environmental protection) with the design of complex internal and public projects, from the municipal level to the Ministry
- more than 10 years experience as a leader
- as a freelance consultant experience in the banking, IT, energy, health, social economy and telecommunications sectors
Main areas of work: strategy and development
- Project management
- Implementation of public projects in conflictive environments (strategic environment management)
- Implementation of complex internal change projects (change management)
- Consulting and coaching of executives/project leaders (leadership, implementation of socially complex projects, personal development)
Petra Krings regularly conducts specialist conferences for junior executives on Strategic Environmental Management at the Institut für Städtebau Berlin. From 2018 on, she will be co-head of the training "Organizational Development and Change Management" at the Institut Triangel, Berlin.
She works in German and English.
Publications of Petra Krings
>> Quick wins - Mit schnellen Erfolgen ins agile Handeln kommen. Download: Der Quick Win-Check für Ihr Vorhaben.
>> Führungskräfte-Nachwuchs: Gehen dem Staat die Ingenieure aus? - Zwei Studien und ein Tipp zur Rekrutierung.
>> Prozess-Steuerung als Strategisches Umfeldmanagement, fub 5/2016 (abstract in English)
>> Persönlichkeitsentwicklung: Ich-Entwicklungsstufen, fub 5/2016 (abstract in English)
>> Was mobilisiert Menschen? - Vortrag mit Download
Inspiration for people who want to make a difference
>> The Petra Krings Change Café - Inspiration für Veränderer .
Trainerlink on Change Café: "Very good".